Monday, August 24, 2026

Discussion

Big Idea: What does it mean to be human?

Nuance Academy: None

After today I should be able to: Identify what is important in a text.

Reading: Read The Odyssey, pgs. 59-62


Agenda:

  1. Read for 10 minutes.
  2. Start with a loose sentence. 
    1. Mr. White carefully planned the stages of his essay, and then he rewrote it.
    2. Rewrite it starting with a demonstrative adjective. 
      1. Use this or that. 
      2. This essay shows Mr. White's careful planning. 
    3. The sentence will start with THIS or THAT and usually use the the verb IS or WAS.
    4. Here are some more examples. You can use these ideas, but change them to make your own sentence. 
      1. This morning I woke up early to go for a run before work. 
    5. That dog over there is really cute! I want to go pet it. 
    6. These shoes are so uncomfortable, I don't think I can wear them all day. 
    7. Those clouds look like they could produce some rain later today. 
  3. Class discussion of last week's readings.

The Odyssey reading schedule:

  • Week 1 (8/10-8/14) The Odyssey pgs. 3-30 
  • Week 2 (8/17-8/21) The Odyssey pgs. 31-58 
  • Week 3 (8/24-8/28) The Odyssey pgs. 59-86 
  • Week 4 (8/31-9/4) The Odyssey pgs. 87-114 
  • Week 5 (9/7-9/11) The Odyssey pgs. 115-142 
  • Week 6 (9/14-9/18) The Odyssey pgs. 143-END

Homework:

  1. Membean session
  2. Read the Odyssey
  3. Work on reading notes



No comments:

Post a Comment